Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wilco

So they aren't exactly a new band but I've been getting into them lately. A Ghost is Born and Summerteeth are getting some heavy play these days! It took me a long time to get into Wilco - it's weird how some of the bands that have become my favorites took a while to appeal to me. I think this latest round of Wilco play was inspired by an episode of Austin City Limits on PBS - it was actually an episode of the Drive By Truckers...where I caught the last song. That prompted me to find the entire episode online which in turn enticed me to watch the Wilco episode. Both the DBT and Wilco episodes are worth watching here's a link to the Austin City Limits site.
On Summerteeth 'ELT' and 'Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway' are getting played a lot. On A Ghost is Born- 'Handshake Drugs'  'Company In My Back' and 'Theologians' are proving to be favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment